I'm singing in the rain
Just singing in the rain
What a glorious feelin'
I'm happy again
I'm laughing at clouds
So dark up above
The sun's in my heart
And I'm ready for love
Let the stormy clouds chase
Everyone from the place
Come on with the rain
I've a smile on my face
I walk down the lane
With a happy refrain
Just singin',
Singin' in the rain
This might be the song I would have sung when it rained on my wedding day, maybe something I would sing if I was playing mud volleyball or playing in the rain with friends. However, today it took me a little longer to laugh and sing along with the storms that came my way!
The rain came down constantly today because of something we like to call hurricane Hermine. I was actually looking forward to a rainy day but what I did not expect or wish to come my way was hearing the fire alarm go off during our math lesson. Yes, you heard that right the FIRE ALARM went off today of all days.
I even came prepared for the weather. I had my raincoat and rainboots ready but did I have time to grab these things? Absolutely not! So we all faced the rain and went outside to our assigned location to line up at in case of an emergency. Oh what fun we had splashing in puddles, laughing, screaming, dancing, and not listening to their name being called off. After I did roll call I was finally able to laugh and think it is what it is.
Singing in the rain is just what we did!
So thank you to whoever decided it would be a good idea to pull the fire alarm!
So what did you sing?
ReplyDeleteYou will find that weather changes make kids CRAZZZZZZZZZZYYYYYY!! Be prepared! But some of the weather changes make me crazy too, so I can relate!!