Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Tootsie Rolls and Glitter Spray

"You just won the million dollar prize!"

This has been my sanity today! I have done my best to encourage students to do the right thing, make good choices and answer questions by raising their hand and not shouting out.

Their reward is either a little tootsie roll or a spray of glitter on their hand. They loved it! We'll see how long that last! (Thanks to my wonderful mentor teacher for the million dollar idea!)

As for the crazies today, our wonderful morning came a tumbling down after lunch.
I had a student with a thumbtack in their mouth. I asked him to throw it away and he got a bad attitude, swung his arm and accidentally hit another student who then started bawling in class. I asked the two to go out in the hall so we could talk. When I was coming back into the room I walked into two of my kids yelling the A** word out loud in class and everyone staring at them like uh oh!
I ended up having to deal with these issues and will just have to pick up on math again tomorrow because we didn't have time to accomplish anything!

Are silly bands driving anyone else crazy? I love them and all but my kids just can't keep them on their wrist. It is either playing with them, talking about them, putting them in your mouth, etc. I've started collecting them. If it distracts them it is mine! I'm determined to collect more than them! LOL!

Everyday brings a new surprise!
Time to rest and recoup for tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. Love the new blog!!!!!! I think that is an excellent idea. Can't wait to keep reading. Miss you! I had the crazzzziest dream about the you and sol last night- the 4 of us owned harleys! (can you believe it!?!) and we went riding, and you showed up covered in leather with even a doo-rag for your head. hahahaha. bizarre.

    ReplyDelete