Monday, October 11, 2010

Clean Critter

Here is a look inside some of my students' desks. It is starting to drive me crazy so tomorrow we are cracking down and cleaning!!!

Their seat sack that is suppose to have their take home folder, agenda, reading book and NOTHING else. (The things they take home every night!)

:(
Come on! This is not a trash can! We are still working on putting our papers in our folder to take home. They wonder why they cannot find their pencils in this mess.


  

To motivate my students to keep their desks clean we have a friend Lady the Lady Bug! She likes to find a clean desk to sleep in every night. We will see if she can find a place to rest tomorrow:) I'll keep you posted.
Meet Lady:

4 comments:

  1. Good idea! So do they get a prize if Lady sleeps in their desk? Or is Lady sleeping in their desk the prize, when they come in and see she has visited them?
    There is a reason I teach rude and crude high school kids! They seem so much easier! Even with all their drama!! LL

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea! It really does make me want to clean to see if she ends up in my desk :)

    How cute! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The prize is them having Lady in their desk when they come to school that morning. I think I'm also going to reward whole teams (4 students who sit together in a group) when the entire team has had Lady visit. I may give them a piece of candy or something and hope that the clean kiddos encourage the messy kiddos to clean their desks!
    We cleaned today:)
    Much better!

    ReplyDelete
  4. THE FIRST SEMESTER IS ALMOST OVER AND YOU NEED TO POST SOME MORE BLOG POSTS! love ya!

    ReplyDelete